As part of an Influenster campaign, I recently got sent free product to review for LANEIGE. I was sent the Water Bank Gel Cream to test out. (You’ll have to excuse my less than stellar product photography skills – A for effort for sure ;))
What I enjoy in order of awesomeness:
- Cooling effect on your face – Once you apply the gel cream to your face you can feel the tingling sensation and cooling that the product boasts right away. It’s refreshing and this is great both in the morning or when going to bed. Freshhhhhhh!
- Fragrance – In a lot of instances you get a product that works well but doesn’t smell the part. It can be a huge turn-off for me, and I am happy to report this cream smells great. Slightly floral, yet fresh. I love this smell!
- Texture – This is for normal to combination skin. I have the latter. This cream is thin enough for my skin and it doesn’t feel like it’s bogging it down. Because of it’s lighter texture, it doesn’t clog my pores and I still feel like my skin is getting the moisture that it needs.
What could be improved:
- Shiny skin post-application – This could be just be me and my skin, but I found that my skin was shinier than normal. This can be the case with a new product, given that I have only been using it for two weeks. Sometimes it takes time for your skin to get accustomed to a new product in your beauty regime, and may not even be something that can be improved.
- Whole line exposure – I would have personally liked to test the full regimen of products (they also offer a cleaner, serum and mask). I do understand sending a whole line of the products probably wasn’t in the marketing budget of the company when launching these products, but it would be useful to test the whole line. I’d ideally like to see how all steps of the products work on my skin and how they work together.
If you’ve tried any of the other products in the line, feel free to comment and let us know what you thought!
*Please note: This product was sent to me by Influenster for reviewing purposes. This post was not sponsored, nor was I compensated for this post. Opinions are all my own. If you’re interested in testing products like these check them out and sign up here*