Once again I’ve put together my list of New Years
resolutions goals for 2015 and below have done some reflection on 2014.
It was quite the year. I like to think of it as one that helped me grow into the person I am today. Life doesn’t always turn out the way you plan, and sometimes the universe has its own plan for you. 2014 did not really turn out to be the “Year of Bexx” as I had hoped in my post from last year, but like I said, sometimes it’s within those lovely things that are unplanned and unexpected that you truly find happiness with who you are, and what you have to offer this world!
TOP 10 OUTSTANDING MOMENTS OF 2014…
- Flo Coe does TO. My mom finally came to Toronto to visit me. I’ve been here for like seven years! She took a bus, streetcar and subway, visited the Christmas market with me, had an amazing time at Absolute Comedy and put herself outside of her comfort zone to come and see me!! I’m so proud of her, and excited that she came!
- Cincinnati baseball trip this summer, and hockey road trips to Detroit and Buffalo. To teaching people how to shot-guns beers, Chicago PD’ing door opens, getting ‘by the glass’ seats to see the Wings, to touring CinCity with some of my fav travel pals, Nick, Anj and Kristi – epic roadies are in store for 2015 too!
- Being maid of honour, limo (truck) driver, and MC at my cousin Melissa’s wedding. One of the most fun weddings I’ve ever been too, great guest list, and amazing bride and groom.
- Running the Sporting Life 10k in the Spring for Hilary’s first race! So many epic races set for this year with this lovely lady!!! 5k, 10K and a half marathon! Bring it on 2015!!! Hilary – you inspire me!
- Summer ciders, day drinks with the ladies, and a surprise birthday party hosted by some of the best friends I’ve ever had! Thank you, you guys mean so much to me!!!
- Thanksgiving in the Kawarthas. I spent it with a great family, and friends! What an honour. Thanks for the invite, Kristi!
- Cruising around in a new Chevy Camaro via a perk from Klout! What a slick and amazing ride. I’d buy two if it were in my budget 😉
- Having a wonderful Valentine’s date with my friend Darryl and Alex. Thanks for letting me borrow him Em! We always have so much fun!
- Canada’s Wonderland on a not so sunny day with Hilary. We had so much fun, and learned that we’re ‘too old’ for some things hahah
- Hallowe’en 2014 – dressed as lawn gnomes, filled with jello shots, and friends who never let me down for a good time. We may have drank a bit much like we were eleventeen, but I’m so thankful to have all of you in my life.
- Getting laid off from my job at Corby. Being unemployed for six months taught me a lot about myself, my friends and family (who relentlessly remind me that I’m awesome no matter what,) that it doesn’t just happen to me, and sometimes things are just out of your own control 😉
- I have still yet to find my Romeo. I think that is more so a result of me not always being happy with who I am. I’m going to try to work on this in 2015.
- Applying to ten million jobs, getting interviews, thinking they went great and not getting the jobs. It’s a way more competitive job market than I’ve ever seen out there. I’ve realized through all this that work culture plays a huge role in determining where you want to work, and who you want to work for. Sometimes you learn later that some of the ‘rejection’ was blessing in disguise.
- Not getting to see Eminem live in Squamish.
- Getting a text message from someone who meant to send it to someone else. Sometimes technology is the devil. You learn a lot about other people though, and yourself.
- To run a half marathon in under 2h30 minutes.
- Get a raise at my new job, and rock their socks off as their new Project Manager on an awesome account!!
- Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes, and a 10K in less than 58 minutes.
- Keep up with blogging. I said this one last year, but I need to stay more true to it! It’s a great way to talk out loud, without saying anything 😉
- Lose 40 lbs. I’m well on my way! 🙂
3 Best New People of the Year-
- Erin MacIntyre– I met this girl in university through a great friend of mine, but only got to really know her this summer. This girl is a gem. She makes me laugh, has a genuine heart, and is an overall amazing friend! Thanks, for being my Snapchat animal drawing pal, and the best holiday party date ever!
- Brit Smith – I met this lovely lady at a friend’s b day party. Sometimes you just meet a person you know you’ll be friends with them after the party – and it’s this girl! She’s an inspiration when it comes to the gym, and healthy eats. She’s always my biggest motivator and fan! Can’t wait for more ikea trips, dinner parties and workout seshs!
- Don Laitinen– childhood forced friends (by our parents), thank you Facebook and Fitbit for reconnecting us. This dude always listens even though he is all the way in Ottawa to my crazy tales, makes me laugh when I want to punch people, and his dedication to the gym and healthy eats keeps me on my toes. You inspire me to be better! #besties
2014, ahhhhh, good-fricken-bye. It was a slice, but I’m moving on to 2015 – which started with a new job as a project manager, started an awesome 30 day cleanse, a new roomie moving in that I am really excited about and a car purchase happening in the Spring! (If anyone has recos, let me know :))
Happy training, and cheers to 2015!