Every year some old roomies from university and I share our New Years resos. (You can see last year’s post here: NYE 2013 List) I’ve decided to make mine public, and I sit here (proudly) hang-over free, at 8 am writing this while the condo is quiet and most of you have yet to rise (except for the hardcores who have already been out at 6 am running 8k and stuff haha 😉 [Bexx note: I then got distracted, cleaned, went to a movie, then did some work, and am now completing this entry. I am like Dory in Finding Nemo- ‘Something shiny” heh.]
I didn’t really quite accomplish the goals I set out to do in 2013 fully, but I still had a great year – great friendships, meeting wonderful new people, and reuniting with some friends who I thought were lost forever. It’s been a good year of learning about myself, the world, and how much I can push myself when I need to. I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be the year of Bexx 😉 [Bexx note: I say this every year, and every year is equally as awesome for the record, all for different reasons of course!]
TOP 10 OUTSTANDING MOMENTS OF 2013…
- Realizing that not everyone is going to like you, or all the things you do, but you’re still going to do the best that you can.
- Being asked to be my cousin Melissa’s Maid of Honour in her July 2014 wedding.
- Winning a plank-off competition at bootcamp.
- Gaining more confidence in the public speaking world, and hitting a lot of goals I set for myself at work in terms of confidence, and measure of success.
- Having someone tell me that I was an inspiration to them 🙂
- Meeting a cab driver who changed my perspective on a major life event. It’s interesting who you will meet, and how they will change your life/perspective in only a very short time.
- Getting to see beautiful Dublin, Ireland and Barcelona, Spain this summer with some wonderful people! (Two more countries on my Life KPIs list complete!)
- Making great new friends, maintaining the old friendships and hearing from some people I never thought I would again!
- Spending time with my mom and bro this summer. As much as they tease me about being a princess, they still make me dinner and take care of me
- Going “skiing” with my cousin Melissa at Christmas. I haven’t laughed that hard in a really long time. Thank you for that.
- Not winning the lottery, again.
- Not hitting all the fitness goals that I wanted to (BUT became a burpee queen regardless! WIN!)
- Getting stranded in Barcelona sans id/passport/credit cards. (Learning that your family and friends will always be there supporting you no matter how far away they are!)
- Not becoming Prime Minister of Canada. That’s always disappointing, not just in 2014! (I’m repeating this, I still think it’s equally as important this year.. haha)
- Learning that the Caramilk secret is still a secret 😉
- To run a sub 58 minute 10k. This year it will happen. 2014 you will be my b*tch!
- Get fit and have fun Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod styles. Work b*tch!
- Run a NWM half, with Jaymie.
- Post regularly on my blog! I always have issues with keeping up 🙂
- Actually tell people how I feel about things, and standing up for the things I believe in. Confidence will be key for me in this.
3 Best New People of the Year-
- Alex Giordano (@lexxgiodano) – Gym buddy of the year. This girl makes me giggle while planking, and always helps me push myself when I want to give up!
- Lindsey Chapman (@lindseygchapman) – It’s interesting to realize you can meet new friends at the bar too, not just men! 😉 Bubbly, funny, and entertaining, this lady is one of my new favs!
- Sammie Kennedy (@sammiekennedy) – Bootcamp and kick-boxing coach, she was even a good sport when we made her attend a twerking class this year, that I’m not supposed to talk about. ❤
Richard Bronson posted today using a quote from Confucius that I really like and he also added a few of his own words: “”A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.” By making one little change, you could have a profound positive effect on other people’s lives as well as your own.”
I hope you all had a great 2013, and will have an equally great, if not even better, 2014! May you accomplish all of the goals and resolutions that you set out for yourself!